Sunday, August 28, 2011

Classic Vampire

Rawr!! For Halloween 2009, I was planning on being Esmeralda from Hunchback of Notre Dame. Unfortunately, my corset didn't arrive on time, so I was forced to put something together last minute. I ran to the local thrift store and picked up a couple of skirts, a petticoat, and a plain blue cotton shirt.
 I cut a deep square neckline on the blue shirt. I didn't have time to sew it, so it's still really rough. The corset I already had, so I just had to fix up the skirts.

 I bought a knee-length black skirt and a long blue skirt to wear. I pinned the sides of the black skirt to create a bustle effect. I just used safety pins along the sides, making sure to keep the pins hidden.

For accessories, I used a blue ribbon and a silver goddess charm I had laying around. I also wore two oversized rings and my vampire fangs (duh!)


I wore a cape for warmth, and some old lace up shoes I have. For make-up, I wore deep red lipstick and dark eyeliner with a slight wing.

I really enjoyed wearing this costume, and I'm looking for a reason to spend a little time sprucing it up!

No comments: